The Muscarelle has an impact that reaches far beyond its walls, with world-class exhibitions, a rich program of gallery talks, illuminating tours, and many other activities. When you become a member, you help to strengthen that impact. As a Member, you will enjoy a variety of benefits – including free admission to all exhibitions – with the gratification of knowing you are helping the Muscarelle continue to be a force for cultural enrichment.
If you are a current student, faculty or staff member at William & Mary, you receive a complimentary membership to the Muscarelle Museum of Art that entitles you to visit the Museum for free, receive special programming invitations, and membership discounts. Be sure to join our mailing list to ensure that you hear about exhibitions, events, and other special updates!
Becoming a Member is easy and can be done several ways by utilizing the links to the right; fill out an online membership with credit card, mail an application with a check, or stop by – we would love to see you! Your gift will be supporting programs that enrich the lives of children, students and adults alike, and open doors to experience and meet others who share your passion for the arts.
If you are not currently a Member, please consider joining today. You may also want to consider becoming a Friend today, in addition to your Museum membership.
If you would like to provide a gift membership to a friend or family member, please visit our special processing page here.
To become a member, you can join online or mail a check to:
Make checks payable to the Muscarelle Museum of Art Foundation and mail to:
Muscarelle Museum of Art Associates
William & Mary
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
Learn about Membership levels below
- Free admission to exhibitions, lecture series, including Members-only hours with access to exhibitions
- Invitations to Members-only exhibition preview days and domestic travel opportunities
- Complimentary subscription to Muscarelle newsletters and emails
- 20% off exhibition catalogues
- Associate membership benefits PLUS
- Reciprocal membership benefits with more than 600 North American art museums through NARM (North American Reciprocal Museum Association)
- Partner membership benefits PLUS
- Reciprocal membership benefits with more than 100 museums in the Southeast through SEMC (Southeastern Museums Conference)
- One private docent-led tour for up to six guests
- Early registration access for Muscarelle’s Members’ Events
- Sustainer Membership benefits PLUS
- Two private docent-led tours for up to six guests
- Invitation to VIP Members’ openings
- Invitation to an annual “Patron’s Dinner” with the Director
- Patron Circle Membership benefits PLUS
- Membership in William & Mary’s Fourth Century Society and eligible for all Society recognition opportunities*
- Invitation to participate in an exclusive curatorial selection project
- Curator’s Circle Membership benefits PLUS
- Membership in the William & Mary’s President’s Society and eligible for all President’s Society recognition opportunities*
- Invitation to Muscarelle Director’s Dinner and behind the scenes tour
- Director’s Circle Membership benefits PLUS
- Membership in W&M’s Green & Gold Society and eligible for all Society level recognition opportunities*
- Invitations to exclusive Director’s events
- Lamberson Circle level benefits PLUS
- Membership in William & Mary’s Chancellor’s Society and eligible for all Society level recognition opportunities*
*University giving society recognition is based on fiscal year cumulative giving. Please visit https://giving.wm.edu/recognition/giving-societies/ for additional details.
If you choose to decline benefits to receive the full tax deduction for your membership gift, please call 866.448.3296 toll free or email email@example.com. If membership or recognition events are canceled, your gift is fully tax deductible.