The Muscarelle has an impact that reaches far beyond its walls, with world-class exhibitions, a rich program of gallery talks, illuminating tours, and many other activities. When you become a member, you help to strengthen that impact. As a Member, you will enjoy a variety of benefits – including free admission to all exhibitions – with the gratification of knowing you are helping the Muscarelle continue to be a force for cultural enrichment.
If you are a current student, faculty or staff member at William & Mary, you receive a complimentary membership to the Muscarelle Museum of Art that entitles you to visit the Museum for free, receive special programming invitations, and membership discounts. Be sure to join our mailing list to ensure that you hear about exhibitions, events, and other special updates!
Becoming a Member is easy and can be done several ways by utilizing the links to the right; fill out an online membership with credit card, mail an application with a check, or stop by – we would love to see you! Your gift will be supporting programs that enrich the lives of children, students and adults alike, and open doors to experience and meet others who share your passion for the arts.
If you are not currently a Member, please consider joining today. You may also want to consider becoming a Friend today, in addition to your Museum membership.
If you would like to provide a gift membership to a friend or family member, please visit our special processing page here.
You can apply online or mail a check to:
Make checks payable to the Muscarelle Museum of Art Foundation and mail to:
Muscarelle Museum of Art Associates
William & Mary
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795
Click below to view membership levels.
(W&M students, faculty & staff only)
(Available for individuals and families)
- Free subscription to our Newsletter
- Invitations to all opening receptions and special events
- Advance announcement of exhibitions & educational offerings
- Museum sponsored travel opportunities
- Free Admittance for Member’s grandchildren, excluding special exhibitions
($230 tax deductible)
- Subscriber level benefits PLUS
- One gift membership
- Reciprocal membership with NARM
- Invitation to one VIP exhibition reception (Museum choice)
- 2 additional guest passes—4 total—for one special exhibition (Contributor’s choice)
($470 tax deductible)
- Contributor level benefits PLUS
- An event with the Curator to discuss the collection
- Invitation to all VIP exhibition reception (Museum choice)
- 2 additional guest passes—6 total—for one special exhibition (Supporter’s choice)
($900 tax deductible)
- Supporter level benefits PLUS
- Invitation to a private event at the Muscarelle or Great Hall of the Wren Building
- Selected catalogue
($2,390 tax deductible)
- Patron level benefits PLUS
- Consultation with the Curator, excluding appraisal
- Periodic invitations to regional special exhibitions with the Director
- 2 additional guest passes—8 total—for one special exhibition (Sustainer’s choice)
- Use of the Museum for an event at no charge, subject to Exhibition Guidelines. Event expenses to be paid by Sustainer.
($4,840 tax deductible*)
- Sustainer level benefits PLUS
- Membership in the William & Mary’s President’s Council
- Eligible for President’s Council Events
- Eligible for President’s Council Parking Pass
- Behind the scenes tour, on request
- Invitation to Benefactor, spouse and invited guests (up to two) to the Muscarelle Director’s Dinner
($9,820 tax deductible*)
- Benefactor level benefits PLUS
- Recognition on plaque in Museum lobby
- Assistance in arranging docent tours
- Additional Museum publications
- Invitations to special Director’s events
($24,750 tax deductible*)
- Lamberson Circle level benefits PLUS
- Membership in William & Mary’s Chancellor’s Circle
- Eligible for Chancellor’s Circle events
- Selected additional Museum Shop item
- Dinner with the Chair of the Muscarelle Board
- Invitation to travel with the Director to visit local and national private collections. Travel expenses paid by the donor.