Community Art Day
September 30 @ 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Enjoy a fun-filled day of art exploration for all ages at our Community Art Day! We’ll have art activities, live music performances, food trucks and more at the Williamsburg Community Building.
- Participate in our chalk art competition to flex your art-making skills and win prizes! Selected by our panel of three artist judges, our top prize winner will take home $500. Second place will receive $250 with $150 for third and $75 going to three honorable mentions. Learn more and register here. (Registration also available on-site at the event!)
- Head across the street to get a docent-guided tour of our pop-up exhibition, 40 Years of Art at the Muscarelle, at the Stryker Center.
- Watch as we unveil the assembled Communal Quilt — now more than 100 feet long! If you’ve participated in this community-wide project, stop by between 1-2:30 PM to try to find your square and view the assembled quilt.
- Take part in fun art activities for all ages.
- Browse art work and other handmade items for sale by W&M student artists.
- Enjoy food trucks including Old City BBQ, Amma’s Curry in a Hurry, and Sno-to-Go.
- Listen to live music performances by W&M student groups including the Gentlemen of the College, the Cleftomaniacs, Get Back Soon and Dietz and the Dilemmas. Stay for a headlining performance by local favorite horn band Brasswind playing from 5-7 PM!
Free and open to all. The Williamsburg Community Building is located at 401 N. Boundary Street, opposite the Williamsburg Regional Library.
Interested in volunteering? We need your help! Sign up for a volunteer shift to help with set-up, assist with art activities, and more.